Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Florida, Part 2


Though the humidity makes me crazy, one thing I will always love about the land of the v. elderly is the wildlife.  I mean, alligators scare the shit out of me and I'm generally unenthusiastic about enormous reptiles, but there is something magical about the Florida wildlife.  From flamingos to pelicans, manatees to sharks, and panthers to possums, there seems to be an animal to marvel at around every corner and in every inlet.  You can go months in Boston without seeing anything more exotic than a duck statue in the Public Garden, so stumbling upon Roseate Spoonbills playing in a pool of water is a real treat for me- and like Flamingos, I absolutely love their color!  If only I could capture it in a paintbox and splash it around my apartment... 

No comments:

Post a Comment