Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tuesday With Moi

Tuesday, August 28

I know I said I wasn't going to do any more boring TWM posts, but you guys, I am boring, so you're just going to have to hang in there as we go down this sad and lonely journey.
Let's begin:

I'm just going to come on out and say it: I hate waking up in the morning.  Well, wait.  That's not entirely true.  If I have something to do (work, meet a friend, an appointment, etc.), I enjoy waking up.  But if you give me an opportunity to sleep in, I will take that opportunity every. single. time.

 There was so much green in this window, it was overwhelming!

High brow, low brow.

 The worst part about working from home is having to keep up with washing the staggering number of dishes that pile up next to the sink throughout the day.  Coffee mugs, tea mugs, water glasses, toast plates, more toast plates for when you realize your first serving of toast just wasn't enough, random cutlery, cheese graters, etc.  Alas, prune fingers for meeee!

I love honey.  I love things that are produced locally.  I love this honey.

Got groceries.  Filled my fruit bowl.
That 'Z' depresses me.
Le sigh...

The view from my window.  Sometimes I worry that if there's a fire I'll have to jump into those bushes, which would hurt a lot a lot a lot.  I hope there's never a fire.  If there is a fire, I'll just wrap myself in my duvet before I jump into the bushes. That should protect me from some of the twigs, right?

When I went to Italy last year, a client graciously lent me the book- which is not to be confused with the atrocious movie starring Diane Lane that is based on the book- Under The Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes.  I'm just now getting around to reading it and wanted to pass along a word of warning to anyone who follows in my literary footsteps: you will need to drink wine whilst reading this book.  It's like Pavlovian Wino-ism, and I can't even look at the book without wanting to uncork a bottle, put my feet up, and eat figs that grow along the terrace whilst drinking a glass of red... except I don't have a terrace, but whatever.  If you read this book, make sure food and drink are close at hand!  I'm serious.

 David made me dinner.  Again.  He's too good to me.  

I don't can't wear heels as often as I used to.  This is mostly due to how much walking my villiage-life requires of me and is tragic because I only own two pairs of socially acceptable flats.  This is also tragic because my little feet miss my beautiful heels.  To combat my high heel withdrawal, I sometimes wear heels around the house.
Last night, I put on these beauties and strut down to the gas station to buy some ginger biscuits.  Then I came home.  It was glamorous!

This is the point in the evening where everything just kinda fell apart...
You see, David and I started watching Breaking Bad last week and we've accidentally become Breaking Bad junkies.  Like, we just can't get enough.  It's a problem.
But hopefully not a problem for long seeing as we're blowing through seasons faster than Elton John blows through money and are optimistic that we'll have this little 'problem' out of our system by next week. 

Anyway, that was my super exciting Tusday.  Don't die of jealousy, okay.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment