Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tuesday With Moi

Tuesday, October 2
Making Memories

  Yesterday was an exfoliation day.  I woke up feeling like I was shedding, so I pulled out my favorite scrubbing products and molted.  Kind of yucky, but oh so necessary!

Autumn is here and even though the weather basically hasn't changed much from what our summer was like, it just now feels appropriate to break out the tall socks and boots and pair them with short wool skirts and fitted jackets.  Autumn, I love you!

This is the view from the train.  I was on my way to London to spend the day with my wonderful friends, Skye and Scott.  Even though we'd just spent a week with them in Scotland, it felt like I hadn't seen them in ages and I was looking forward to exploring a little more of London with them. 

Rushing rushing, rushing through the city!

Now, I have a rule about doing touristy things: I will only do them with people who are visiting.  Why? you ask.  Because I am a snob, that's why.
We took a river tour on the Thames and it was actually pretty fun.  The wind was terrific and it was nice to see the city from a different perspective.  That being said, I did see a dead dog floating in the river soooooooOOOoo that was gross.  Other than that, it was great.

Just happened to be right by Big Ben when the clock struck three. 
HI BEN, YOU ARE BIG!
(Fun Fact: The bell inside the tower is actually called Big Ben, the tower itself was recently named after the Queen, of course. I learned all this on my river tour.  Cool, right?)

All our touring made us hungry, so we stopped in Franco's for a nibble.  These sardines were divine.

And while the cappuccino was also wonderful (as was everything, really, including the service), the best thing about Franco's was the fact that they were playing Winnie the Pooh audiobooks in the bathrooms. 
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT? 
Walking walking walking.
Trying to decide where to go and what to do next.
After much deliberation and wandering, we found ourselves huddled under an awning as we sheltered ourselves from the rain and tried to establish some semblance of an action plan.
As we weighed our options, a fabulous young man stuck his head out from the doorway beside us and asked if we were coming in.  "Can we get a table if we're only going to order cocktails?" we asked.  He assured us that we could sit at a table and enjoy all the cocktails we wanted, so we folded our umbrellas and followed him inside.
I hadn't been in a gay bar for quite some time and I was jamming out to George Michael remixes from the chain-mail booth in which we were placed in no time at all.

Skye had an exceptional dirty martini.  Slowly, the restaurant began to fill, and we continued to settle into the leather seats and chat about everything and nothing.  It was just like the old days at the F.

David joined us after his dinner meeting concluded.  When the waiter came over to ask if we would like to dine in, we glanced at the time (what, nine already?!) and decided to take a peek at the menu.

Time always goes too quickly when you're with good friends. 

As I snapped this picture, I realized David and I were cutting it dangerously close to missing the last train home to Hobbit Town.  We asked for the bill, said our goodbyes, opened our umbrellas and made our way to the Charing Cross. 

One of my biggest fears is falling asleep on the journey home and missing my train stop.
Luckily, it hasn't come to that yet, but I did see a very sleepy man miss his stop once and my heart broke for him. 

David and I made it home just as the rain started to pour down in sheets.  We had a cup of tea and then snuggled into bed.  There's nothing like a day of running around London to tire this lady out!

And that concludes my Tuesday in London.
Next Tuesday, I will be in Spain.
I know, I know, my life is fabulous.
But if it makes you feel any better, I only show you the good parts.
Speaking of the good parts, expect many more Scotland pictures in the next couple days!  I have so much to show you, dear reader.  As always, thank you for reading.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment