Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tuesday With Moi

Tuesday, November 13


Oh man, Rebecca.  I couldn't put it down!  I'd stayed up until 2:00 the previous evening and, as soon as I awoke in the morning, I picked it right up and continued on.
She's worse than a coke dealer, that Daphne Du Maurier! 


Though I knew I should put a bookmark in and get on with my day, I stayed in bed with my coffee and my book until almost 11:00.


At which point I went into my newly finished studio and started to get on with some work.


Prepare yourself for many snippets of my studio space.  I'm quite pleased with how the room has turned out and I'm overjoyed to finally have my own place to work.  My things are organized, my mind is clear, and my heart is happy!


Everything has a place again.
I cannot stop smiling! 


Though I have yet to find a place for this beautiful Jonathan Singer Sargent mirror.... I have a few ideas as to where I'll put it.  


New shoes seem to be a theme lately.  These Minnetonka Moccasins were a lovely birthday gift from one of my oldest and dearest friends, Christa.  I pad around the flat in them every day.  Until the warmer months come once again, they shall be my house slippers.  Very Minnesotan of me, don't you think?


Had a snack and realized how dark it was getting.
I miss the daylight so much this time of year.  


Another shelf scene from the studio.
I gave David the 'together' card around the time we got married in March.
It's by Yellow Owl Workshop and I really love it.  I love all their work, actually. 


Throughout the day, I took little reading breaks and eventually finished Rebecca (naughty of me, I know).  Next on my list is this book, Paper: An Elegy by Ian Sansom


This is the beginning of my inspiration wall in the studio.
These are things I like.  I can't wait to see how it grows.


Instead of a chair, I opted to use a fitness ball in the studio to help my posture.
So far, I'm quite pleased with the decision.


Finally, my favorite time of day: Wine Time!  
We've lately been enjoying this fairtrade, organic, blah blah blah Running Duck Shiraz.
It's a great price, easy to drink, and is sulfite free which means, like italian table wine, it doesn't get you drunk or leave you with a hang over.  We like that. 


SO SAPPY.
Deal with it.


David got a haircut yesterday.  He looks so handsome with his hair short.


Finally, time for bed.  This is how Le Chat says goodnight.  

All in all, a productive and comfortable Tuesday around Cox Quarters.
As always, thanks for reading.
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment