Friday, December 14, 2012

Read Books [shop local]


Two things before we all embark a weekend of holiday shopping and merriment-making:

ONE:  I read this article about Karen Hayes and Ann Patchett's indie-bookstore and, you guys, I cried. Happy tears, wet face, shoulders shaking, all that.  The bookstore is called Parnassus Books and if you're ever in Nashville, you should check it out.  If you're somewhere else in the States and want to buy a book for someone, please buy through your local independent, which you find find here

If you're in the UK and have any great independent bookstore recommendations, I'd be delighted to hear them!  I've found a couple small, specialty shops but I'd love to find others, too!  Hobbit Town, sadly, doesn't have an independent bookstore.  Alas...

TWO: I'm off to London in a few hours to spend the evening with my friend Jill and while I'm in the city, I'm going to purchase the first issue of the new- and totally gorgeous!- Cereal Magazine.  I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm going to love it. 

And for all my Boston friends, if you're interested in getting your hands on a copy of Cereal, too, my friends at Olives & Grace are stockists.  They're in the South End.  Check them out.


Anyway, I must dash.  Have a pretty & literary weekend, friends. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment