Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tuesday With Moi

Tuesday, January 29th
Collector's Edition

 Yesterday morning was cold- so cold- so I sat in bed, shivering and reading, until the heater kicked in and the room warmed around me.  Did I tell you, dear reader, that I joined a book club?  Cloud Atlas is our next book. Have you read it?

As I was walking through the flat, I found a £1 coin and realized I'd never seen this design on the back before.  Did you know that there are 19 different reverse sides of the £1 coin? The designs represent the United Kingdom and its four constituencies: Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England.  This design, which was issued in 1985 and 1990 and depicts a leek and royal diadem, is representative of Wales.
I imagine some people collect all the different designs.  Me?  I don't really collect things...

Except Blanton's Bourbon corks, which I keep in my collection of Arabic cups on the window ledge.

Right next to my collection of old books.

Oh, and I suppose I collect ribbons that strike my fancy, too.


Slowly, I'm also trying to build a collection of useful and decorative houseplants, but sometimes they die, or Le Chat eats them.  Other than all that, I don't collect too much.

Around 3:30, I went to my bedroom to work on a hand-sketched post card for this project.
The wind was blowing mightily outside and, as I was working, I accidentally fell asleep.
When I awoke, the lamplight came in through the window and shone on the rain-splattered glass like fire.

For dinner, I made a rice stir-fry with tofu, miso, yellow peppers and green beans.  So easy, so cozy.

My basil plant is looking a little lonely on the windowsill since the mint plant's passing.  
Over the summer, I'm going to really focus on growing my herb collection.  I want this flat to be a greenhouse! 

Shoes, you guys, shoes.  I also collect shoes.
Because the rain was falling sideways and the wind was straight from Oz, David said he'd drive me to my Tunbridge Wells Writers meeting.  Since I didn't have to schlep through town, I changed out of my winter boots and skinny jeans and opted instead for something snappier- namely my pony hair leopard print booties.  It's so exciting when I get to dip into my shoe collection!  I'm afraid I haven't done so with any kind of frequency since our move... 

Every other Tuesday, our writer group meets at the Black Pig.  I arrived a little early- just before eight- and settled in with a glass of wine as the room filled with people.

We had a great turnout last night.  Over wine and lager, we shared stories and inspiration, complaints about the weather and our dreams for the future.

It was lovely.

I guess you could say that we collectively collect empty glasses, too... I do not envy the dishwasher!

 A little after 11:00, my chauffeur took me home and, eventually, to bed to collect some ZZZs.

Thanks for reading! xox

p.s.  Mrs. Anke visited our writers group last night so she could snap pictures and write about what it is we do (umm, what is it that we do, again?)... you can find her post here.  Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. You could try growing some grass (the lawn variety) for Le Chat to eat. It may distract (her?) from the plants.

    ReplyDelete