Friday, February 1, 2013

Harriet Clare @ Margaret St. Gallery


I went to the Transient opening at the Margaret Street Gallery last night and was really taken by Harriet Clare's 'Woebegone' series; the kaleidoscopic images, which were printed on large sheets of heavy paper and hung with bulldog clips, felt modern, minimalist, and casually chic.  Natural elements like tree branches, leaves, and snow, were imaginatively manipulated to create something familiar yet fresh and the pieces invited the viewer to find symbols and shapes in the converging lines.

I really love her work and think it would show well in many settings (like my hallway, living room, or office, for instance).  If you're in London, I encourage you to stop by the gallery and check it out for yourself because these pictures, they're not doing the work any justice.  Trust.

> Transient will be on exhibit until Frebruary 26th at the Margaret Street Gallery in London <

2 comments:

  1. This piece of writing is actually a pleasant one it assists new internet viewers, who are
    wishing for blogging.

    my page; Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other
    websites? I have a blog centered on the same subjects
    you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my readers would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    my weblog :: Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete